What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Art at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic is looking for FX Artists to join our team working on Fortnite. A successful candidate should have a strong sense of dramatic effects and an understanding of how to recreate them in a real time particle editor. They will be first and foremost a team player, while also having the ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously.
If you have a strong sense of weight, timing, motion, and you demonstrate technical aptitude with Materials and Logic, we are ready for you to bring those abilities to execute outstanding FX in our games.
In this role, you will
- Execute outstanding effects for our games by bringing dramatic effects to life
- Ability to create all art needed for the visual effects, include FX concept, proto and final FX.
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
What we’re looking for
- Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed Real-Time FX work
- You have a critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real world objects and visual FX with an ability to bring dramatic FX to life with flair
- Ability to create all art needed for the FX
- Abilities in a secondary areas such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Desire and knowledge of how to push our effects and editing tools further
- Desire to work with a team. Share knowledge and grow together
- Strong willingness and desire to work collaboratively
- Shipped multiple titles within the game industry
- Familiarity with the Unreal 4 Engine art pipeline
- Experience working with multiple platforms memory limitations
- Scripting experience in Blueprint, Python, Etc
- Strong desire to learn new techniques, and grow tools and pipeline
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
- Experience using Niagara
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy.