At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What You'll Do
The FP&A team is responsible for managing the financial forecast. As part of that responsibility, the FP&A team will work closely with business units and functional teams to establish investment plans for both the near- and long-term. Additionally, you will support core FP&A activities for the company such as the quarterly forecast process. Together with business leaders and the broader Finance team, you will help determine business targets to meet our objectives and put in place systems to measure and report on performance. Through financial and industry analysis you will help prioritize investment plans, evaluate return on investment, and assess resourcing requirements to meet company goals. You will align financial goals across the organization and provide visibility and transparency to executives on financial performance, KPIs, and operating metrics.
- Support core FP&A activities such as quarterly forecasting and annual planning for business segments and/or P&L line items
- Maintain and prepare driver-based financial and operating models to support decision-making and long-term planning
- Assist the FP&A team’s partnership with business leaders to establish investment plans and prioritize resources
- Assess cost structures and investments through internal and external benchmarking
- Provide visibility to financial performance of the company through continuous and consistent reporting including key drivers of change in the financial forecast
- Create and update presentations used to communicate financial insights to the CFO and senior leaders
- Leverage financial modeling to assess the opportunity and profitability of key business initiatives
- Identify short- and long-term financial and operating targets in partnership with business leaders
- Ensure accuracy in reporting through partnership with the financial systems and accounting teams
- Support organic and inorganic growth initiatives through financial modeling and industry analysis
- Support gaming-specific M&A diligence efforts and post-acquisition integration efforts
- Develop a network of industry contacts, collection of research resources to bring knowledge of market trends, benchmarks, and opportunities to bear on strategic decisions
Qualifications / Experience:
- 3-5 years of FP&A, investment banking, and/or private equity experience
- Experience collaborating with business unit executives and driving forecasting, initiative planning and execution
- Experience in technology; prior understanding of gaming, entertainment, and/or software highly desired
- Strong analytical skills with extensive valuation/financial modeling experience and working with large data sets
- Ability to distill complex analyses into insights that drive action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence across the organization
- Ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external partners