Finance and Accounting Lead, China
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Help Epic thrive on our business operations team with essential roles in HR/Recruiting, Legal, Facilities, IT, InfoSec and more.
What You'll Do
This role reports directly to the Asia Pacific (APAC) Controller in Singapore. This role is based in Shanghai, China, and will form part of the core founding team for the APAC Controllership group. The APAC Controllership team is responsible for maintaining and driving controllership rigor and discipline and ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance for APAC entities, including China. This is a Team Lead role, with future opportunities to manage and build a small team.
In This Role You Will
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly close, reporting for the China entity to meet US Corporate reporting timelines on a US GAAP basis
- Responsible for review of monthly tax returns and related tax affairs, and other monthly regulatory reports, for timely and accurate filings
- Provide high quality and insightful financial reporting and analysis, including intercompany reconciliations, monthly balance sheet reconciliations and variance analytics
- Ensure compliance of all financial reporting and financial controls, coordinating finance related systems and drive finance process improvement in the company
- Ensure statutory accounts and tax filing compliance with local authorities for the China entity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key tax concepts such as corporate taxation, VAT, transfer pricing and withholding tax
- Be the key liaison to support the annual group and local audit process and respond to audit requests
- Maintain accounting records in compliance with statutory accounting policies and US GAAP/ IFRS
- Support the finance team with any additional ad hoc requirements/ new projects, including migration of finance systems
What We're Looking For
- Solid Accounting experience in PRC GAAP, including IFRS. US GAAP and consolidation experience is a plus
- Advanced skills with Excel (i.e., analytics, pivot tables, vLookup). Experience with tools to drive finance automation is a plus
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with Senior Management in China including being the first point of contact for questions
- Team Player, and self-motivated, able to work independent in a dynamic environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or similar degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field, CPA, CA or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with an International Company, in a controllership/ accounting role. A public accounting background will be a plus
- Experience with an ERP system is a must, Workday is a plus
- Experience with ERP or system implementation is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin, any other language is a plus
- Someone who is user-focused, organized, adaptable, passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.