WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite Team is looking for creative Engine Programmer Interns to join them in 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. This team is responsible for identifying and solving frame rate and memory issues in Fortnite. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we improve Fortnite on a multitude of platforms. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Profiling and analyzing performance issues
- Converting blueprints to faster C++
- Improve player experience by optimizing systems for CPU, GPU, and memory
- Deep-dive into technical challenges where you will help to drive the vision and solutions
- Build tools and workflows to enable developer efficiency and autonomy
- Strong C++ knowledge is a must
- Portfolio or Github showcasing C++ projects
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine and understanding of blueprints
- Passionate about game development and Epic Games products, specifically Fortnite
- Basic understanding of gameplay in a game engine: core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience working within a team
- Able to react and respond effectively to coding feedback
This is a paid, remote internship for 2022. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely.
Recruitment will run until teams find an ideal match.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here