WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You’ll Do
You should have a broad knowledge of modern game engine technology, as well as a good sense of trade-offs between performance, memory usage, and ease-of-implementation. Additionally, you should have experience working closely with developers in all disciplines, not just other engineers. Your job will be to empower them to make world-class experiences using the systems that you create.
In this role, you will
- Designing and implementing runtime engine features for Unreal Engine 4
- Working closely with artists, animators, and designers to design and develop engine systems
- Optimizing both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Bug fixing and maintaining the Unreal Engine 4 code base
- Supporting external customers by answering their requests and questions
What we’re looking for
- Excellent C++ skills, with a familiarity of scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua, Python, etc.
- Experience in a broad range of engineering areas on shipping games or realtime visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
- Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
- Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment, with excellent cross-discipline communication skills. You should be able to communicate and explain trade-offs with non-engineers!
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
- Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems, including PC, console, and mobile
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here .