Epic Games is looking for a Documentation Manager to lead the team that writes and publishes technical learning materials for Unreal Engine, our industry-leading game development platform.
Millions of licensees around the world use our tech to create interactive, immersive experiences—indie and mobile games, AAA blockbusters, ground-breaking VR and AR experiences, design visualizations for architecture, engineering, and manufacturing—any kind of virtual world you can imagine. And as if that isn’t enough, it’s also the backbone of Epic’s own game titles, including Fortnite.
With so many users across so many industries, all craving detailed information about how to use our latest cutting-edge features, we need a high-performing team of professionals working together to meet the constant demand. If you’re a leader with a vision for what makes great documentation, and you inspire your people and your colleagues every day to turn that vision into reality, join us today!
- Set the overall strategic vision for Unreal Engine’s documentation
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders in multiple disciplines, including Product Management, Engineering, Production, Marketing, Support, and Localization
- Put in place effective standards for knowledge organization and documentation governance
- Evaluate the team’s platform and tools, research alternatives, and direct the purchase and deployment of new infrastructure where needed
- Directly manage staff, including lead technical writers
- Plan large-scale initiatives and delivery milestones for the team
- Design and put in place team processes that ensure repeatable success and high quality
- Set, track, and report on KPIs that demonstrate the team’s accountability, success, and alignment with strategic goals
- Plan the growth required for the team to execute on its objectives; evaluate and hire new world-class talent
- Work with the People team to set job descriptions and create growth paths for personal development
- Experience in highly technical software development environments
- Proven success managing large content sets and leading significant content development initiatives
- Strong drive to succeed and hunger to solve complex organizational and interpersonal challenges
- Deep understanding of web technologies and web-based content creation tools, ideally Content-as-a-Service applications
- Comfort with all aspects of building and leading a large team, including hiring, planning growth paths, and fostering individual career development
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Commitment to improving team processes and style standards
Nice to Have
- Experience with customers in one or more of Unreal Engine’s target industries, including game development, architecture, manufacturing, automotive design, and film and TV production.
- Programming skills in any language
- Familiarity with other methods of presenting learning content, such as recorded video tutorials, live video streams, or instructor-led training
- Experience creating 3D content, interactive gameplay, and/or real-time design visualizations
- Got a mix of the skills and qualifications listed above? We’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.