Director of Operations - Player Experience
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
PUBLISHING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
We deliver the most innovative gaming experiences possible to players across the world. Whether through community outreach, world-class events, or partnership integrations, the Epic Games Publishing and Marketing teams seek to surprise players with new experiences every time they drop in to play.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Director of Operations - Player Experience is responsible for the overall health and happiness of Epic’s players across the consumer products we make. Teams overseen include the global community & marketing ops team, social listening & measurement squad along with responsibility for player support. The role includes listening closely to players, providing 1:1 and 1:many player support. This senior leader is also responsible for working closely with game product teams, the insights and research team, and the analytics team to clearly map the holistic player experience and collaborate with them to improve it.
In addition to working across the operational teams described above, this person will work closely with game & strategy leadership teams to align on product priorities that ensure the ongoing health of the communities. Finally the role also partners with Comms, Marketing, Legal, Ecosystem Security and Policy teams on creating scaled processes to handle inbound inquiries as well as proactive outbound communications for our players.
In this role, you will
- Set strategy for the global Community and Marketing Operations teams to grow and sustain healthy communities
- Partner with the Player Support Director to integrate 1:1 support and community functions into a combined group that serves players in every channel they communicate in
- Champion the player’s needs throughout the organization, speak on their behalf and advocate for product or service changes that will improve their experience
- Work with the Comms and Marketing teams to ensure the Company speaks to the community with one consistent voice
- Develop analytics reports on community growth, sentiment, and content trends
- Partner with Legal and Trust & Safety on how to handle legal impact of community behaviors, government requests and legally sensitive areas
- Monitor market growth in online user-generated communities to ensure the Company understands market changes in online community tools, issues, trends, etc.
- Manage the companies product forums and Discord servers, improve and adapt those services to suit changing player needs. Work closely with 3rd party community leaders such as Reddit moderators.
- Ensure all players have a high quality experience and build the team that will take care of Epic’s communities in the Metaverse
What we’re looking for
- Leadership Focus. 10+ years leadership of a Community or customer service team, ideally a large direct interaction organization
- Grounded in Analysis. Highly analytical, preference for financial and priority decisions based on data & research
- Tech Fluent. Experience & passion for modern customer success & sentiment analysis/measurement tools & technology, including decision making participation and RFP & procurement process
- Macro & Micro. Ability to author big picture vision but also willing to dive into the details to move projects along. A team player with a "no task is too small" attitude. Everyone at Epic is also an individual contributor
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.