Development Operations Lead
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is growing operations inside our internal IT team to support operations of our development teams. The person in this role will work closely with various internal stakeholders to provide services that enhance the user experience for all of Epic’s internal systems. This role will help this team with items including operational excellence observability and performance at scale.
- Leading a team and alignment of the technical direction
- Design and build operational infrastructure to support IT development pipeline, automating where possible
- Provide troubleshooting and timely resolution of system, automation, and infrastructure problems
- Design systems that cleanly integrate with legacy and emerging technologies
- Provide operational support for developers on the team
- Providing technical guidance to the rest of the organization
- Senior level experience in Terraform, and AWS
- Ability to design and implement high availability solutions
- Strong documentation and diagram skills
- Effective communication
- Proven experience with Linux, and cloud computing technologies such as AWS, or other cloud computing environment
- Demonstrable scripting experience with a variety of scripting languages for automating tasks, generating reports, and creating tools (e.g. Groovy, Python,, Shell)
- Experience with a continuously delivery model of deploying software
- Proven history working directly with development teams
Preference for candidates with
- Proficiency in Groovy and/or Python
- Testing Ansible with Molecule
- Working at scale
- DevOps Tools, including Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with databases, NoSQL and SQL, such as MongoDB and Postgresql
- Passion for gaming
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.