At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is adding a Senior Engineer to build client applications with a focus on Epic’s Online Services platform, including streaming video, Epic’s store and in-game SDK, and more. Whether it’s a tool used by customer service to assist gamers, or a web-based companion application for a game, at Epic you’ll have opportunities to make an impact in many areas across the company.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our growing organisation. At Epic, you’ll work closely with Epic teams around the world to further develop and maintain user-centric experiences.
In this role, you will
- Be responsible for the design, build and maintenance of distributed processing systems
- Build APIs for high scale services (ideally using Go)
- Handle long term connections in building systems with Kubernetes clusters
What we’re looking for
- Somebody with extensive knowledge of Go concurrency patterns
- Production experience in building GRPC endpoints
- Experience in working with message broker
- Confidence working with Kubernetes based environments
- NoSQL and SQL based databases exposure is ideal
- Candidates with experience in maintaining high availability services
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Some exposure to DevOps tooling is ideal (including Terraform, Docker)
- Prior experience working within microservice environments is advantageous
- Experience in tracing and monitoring would be beneficial
- An overall passion for gaming goes a long way!
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We offer higher employer contribution on public health insurance, 100% employer paid annual health check ups, supplemental company supported pension, survivors benefit and LTD, public transportation tickets, meals, snacks and beverages.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy.