WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
EPIC GAMES PUBLISHING
What We Do
We deliver the most innovative gaming experiences possible to players across the world. Whether through community outreach, world-class events, or partnership integrations, the Epic Games Publishing and Marketing teams seek to surprise players with new experiences every time they drop in to play.
What You'll Do
We are looking for an Associate Operations Manager to support the Epic Games Publishing team. This role will report to the Director of Operations and will be dedicated to making sure that the team has everything they need to work effectively, efficiently and enjoyably. It will be a hugely varied role with the opportunity to learn and progress within Operations in the future.
In This Role You Will
- Take responsibility for all gifting for the team and our external partners (game launch gifts, holidays gifts, new swag coordination, special occasion gifts etc.)
- Assist with all aspects of event management, from travel, to accommodation, to event stands, etc.
- Continually document and improve processes for different disciplines, perhaps through research into best in class practices, to contribute to our playbook
- Organize occasional key meetings for the Ops Director, take minutes and track action points.
- Become an expert in our (straightforward!) project management software and storage solutions, maintain these regularly and become the POC for solving issues regarding these
- Manage our project spend trackers by ensuring that all spend is recorded, helping the team to track down any missing info and keeping them up to date at all times
- Input JIRA tickets for our IT and legal needs, to get equipment sent, NDAs created etc. and track progress to ensure these are completed promptly
- Spend time play-testing games when they are close to launch and provide feedback
What We're Looking For
- The most organized person ever! This role will juggle multiple tasks, priorities and teams and you need to be able to stay organized and make sure nothing gets forgotten.
- An excellent communicator, both in verbal and written communication. Your written communication should be clear and concise and you must be able to adapt your style according to the task and audience.
- You should have a genuine interest in how a business works behind the scenes and a desire to jump in and help with whatever needs doing in order to help the business progress.
- Ideally, you will have experience as an ops manager, office manager, studio manager or EA in a fast moving company.
- Proficiency in Excel / Google Sheets - you love a good spreadsheet.
- You don’t need to have worked in games before, but a passion for the industry helps.
- You need to be user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.