Art Pipeline Director
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is seeking an experienced Pipeline Director/Manager to oversee our pipeline engineering teams and to drive initiatives focused on building next generation production solutions. The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with a vision for the future of content creation and a passion for collaboration toward eliminating production roadblocks, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies.
- Own the strategic alignment of pipeline services, frameworks, tools, and support across internal projects
- Own the long term vision for pipeline engineering for internal infrastructure and projects
- Work with internal production teams to establish cross-functional engineering priorities given project delivery and internal development milestones
- Develop a roadmap for pipeline engineering that effectively balances short term production needs with long term goals
- Manage pipeline engineering leads for internal projects and core technologies
- Collaborates with other pipeline-oriented stakeholders and teams across Epic to identify opportunities for collaboration and alignment on technology and process
- Self motivated and passionate about making the content creation process more efficient for artists
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive background in content creation pipeline development and supervision on large scale projects in visual effects, feature animation, AAA games or similar
- Proven experience managing teams responsible for maximizing production efficiency and throughput
- A solid understanding of common content creation software packages such as Unreal Engine, Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter/Designer, etc.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.