WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ART AT EPIC
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for an Art Director to join our growing team on Fortnite. The Art Director will lead and collaborate with multidisciplinary artists - to help create and maintain Epic's vision. This person will have a balance of creative thinking and a strong ability to lead a team in developing content for our various projects. By working closely with the Product Art Director you will be accountable for identifying and communicating a high-quality visual style, you will also develop a team of artists and coach them to do the same.
In This Role You Will
- Be highly creative. Imagine and communicate your vision to the team to develop new content that players will love
- Direct and mentor a worldwide team of artists
- Interpret the needs of all development disciplines such as design and engineering into amazing final artwork
- Deliver effective feedback across all art disciplines - modeling, animation, etc
- Collaborate with the team to identify great ideas and steer them through the pipeline
- Filter multiple sources of analysis and feedback into visual direction for creating new art
- Think strategically about art and how it informs the player experience
- Work within the style of our projects with an eye towards driving the brand forward
What We're Looking For
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals, multiple art styles, anatomy, appeal
- Experience as an art director or production designer in a game studio
- Experience directing and supporting artists across multiple disciplines
- The ability to adapt to and innovate new styles and techniques
- Strong collaborative nature to partner with senior art director and discipline leads.
- Deep understanding of art disciplines and their workflow
- Strong leadership skills in order to lead a large number of people toward a singular vision
- Experience with effective feedback for outsourcing and contractors
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.