Animation Programmer Internship
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games Animation Rigging team is looking for a smart, creative engineering intern to join them in 2022. Our interns are given challenging projects over the work term and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
In this talented team of veteran and emerging engineers you’ll collaborate across teams and contribute directly to Unreal Engine and Fortnite! Joining this team means you’re motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other engineers to make positive changes to animation runtime systems and tools. The heart of this role is building robust APIs and intuitive tools for millions of Unreal Engine users to use.
- Work directly with the Unreal Engine and Fortnite animation teams to support features that will be experienced by millions of players and creators.
- Learn extensive debugging techniques to help animators diagnose issues.
- Working closely with the Engine team to support animation needs across Epic Games.
- Animation feature development.
- Working on optimizations in games.
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines.
- Degree work in CS or related fields.
- Strong C++ knowledge.
- Strong math skills, especially vector math, trigonometry and use of quaternions for orientation.
- Experience with animation state machines, low level animation systems, and/or physics-based IK systems.
- Some level of exposure / understanding with multiple core system tasks such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- Unreal Engine Gameplay experience is preferred: basics of networking, character movement, and blueprints.
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit our website.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy.