Accounting Manager - Fortnite
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Accounting at Epic
In this role, you will
- Assist the Director of Finance with the management of Fortnite accounting issues and associated monthly close responsibilities
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and quality in all areas of Fortnite accounting and financial reporting
- Proactively assess Fortnite programs/developments/campaigns for accounting treatment
- Leverage analytical and technical tools, such as Excel, Business Intelligence, and our core ERP (Workday), to research and answer moderate to complex accounting-related questions and communicate findings clearly
- Proactively investigate questionable data and trends and escalate findings where appropriate
- Establish accounting practices for existing and newly developed Fortnite
- Monitor the completion of the monthly, quarterly, and annual close checklist for Fortnite related accounting items
- Serve as one of the main points of contact for the external annual audit on Fortnite specific accounting matters
- Focus on process improvement ideas, automated internal controls, and proper segregation of duties for Fortnite related workstreams
- Experience with Workday a plus to be able to use the system to our advantage
- This accounting manager must be able to work independently exhibiting strong leadership skills to the finance organization
- Collaborate with FP&A to develop and report on key performance indicators, monthly financial data, and forecasts to drive continuous improvement and Store performance
- Prepare and deliver monthly reporting to internal customers focused on Fortnite management
- Interact with internal and external customers to deliver a high standard of customer service
- Collaborate regarding automation of system and processes
- Assist with segment determination and reporting for Fortnite/gaming segment
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting
- CPA/CMA preferred
- 7 years+ of combined public and/or private industry accounting experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP guidance
- Proficiency with MS Office and advanced excel skills
- SOX experience (desirable)
- Strong knowledge of USGAAP
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Demonstrated ability to work in and with high-performing teams
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Independent and self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience working in ERP systems
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D, and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!