(Closed) Social Media/PR Coordinator
Envy Gaming 3030 Olive St Suite 250 Dallas, TX 75219 Social Media/ Public Relations Coordinator - Dallas, TX
Team Envy is seeking an experienced professional for a split role as social media coordinator and public relations coordinator. To execute daily management of its social pages and be a point of contact for internal and external communication between players, esports leagues and Envy. This person will be responsible for community management, social content programming, and generating brand engagement from teams to fans, sponsors and influencers. She/he will work alongside the other social media team members and other public relations staff reporting to the Director of Social Media. This person will also work cross-departmentally facilitating social programming deliverables and approvals from key stakeholders, and executing social posts for interdepartmental inputs (media, marketing, merch, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have a background in content production coupled with a deep knowledge of public relations. Experience in YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch, Discord and Reddit are a plus. She/he will also be fluent in esports, be a fan of our current competitive teams, and have a history of building passionate, fan-based communities through community engagement and strategic content distribution.
- Execute daily management of Envy’s social media pages including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Reddit.
- Track,schedule and communicate player interviews
- Craft well-written press releases for Envy announcements
- Distribute news/media to appropriate media outlets
- Support Envy’s social content lead in brainstorming, scripting, and QC'ing daily content
- Distribute content adhering to Envy’s weekly social programming calendar, including fulfilling requests from interdepartmental inputs with a keen eye on deadlines and embargoes, announcements, birthdays, match days, etc.
- Execute live tweeting and match coverage including post copy writing, clip lifts, community engagement, and interactions with teams and players
- Curate top plays from each match day to support the digital content production team
- Assist with developing the voice and tone of Envy brands on social media
- Curating and posting multimedia content (ie: gifs & images)
- Keeping a close eye on potential PR risks in the community and escalating as necessary
- Monthly social analytics reporting
- Campaign reporting and event recap deck creation
- 2+ years experience working with social platforms and public relations
- Experience in media, specifically professional writing, journalism
- Expert on a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok. Reddit a plus
- Ability to work weekends and travel
- Highly knowledgeable and passionate fan of esports
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills while maintaining attention to detail
- Must have excellent communication skills that shine through in audience engagement
- Experience executing against brand and sponsorship campaigns
- Proficient using Gmail, google docs, google slides, google sheets
- Proficient in Sprout and other management dashboards
- Proficient in Leadpages
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Application Materials - Send to the email address attached to the Apply button with Subject Line: “Name, Social Media Coordinator”
- Cover Letter
- (3) Relevant References
- Work Samples / Demo Reel* / Portfolio* (*if applicable)