Senior App Developer - Java / Swift / JS
Multiple Job Openings Available:
Lead Senior Developers, Esports Apps
We are seeking a seasoned developer to lead our Esports website and app business. This is an exciting opportunity to build something real that will be in the hands of millions of hardcore gamers every day, informing their hobby and challenging their knowledge. The ideal candidate is already living and breathing this lifestyle, with a passion for building great communities.
This multifaceted role comes with few uncompromising requirements:
- You must love esports. We’re looking for a developer who already follows esports games and/or specific teams and players, and/or participates in other sports fantasy leagues
- You’ve scaled personalized, nuanced data feeds for “power users” before (as opposed to scaling a one-size-fits all app where all users have the same high-cached experience).
- You’re a coder first and a manager second, leading by example. You’re comfortable setting up multi-user scrum workflows, meaning Jira, Git, Docker, organizing sprints, turning vague requirements into minimum viable prototypes
We realize that it’s unlikely that we can find all of these qualities in one developer, so we’re hoping to meet persons who have strong qualifications as a back-end or front-end specialist.
We’re looking for ** Senior-level ** Backend Talent and Front-End Talent
- You’re comfortable rolling your sleeves up in slow query logs, NewRelic, maintaining systems on AWS, running automated stress-testing tools, etc. You understand the Django framework or similar. You’re an expert at Postgres.
- You’ve optimized websites against render-blocking elements, for the purpose of favorable Google rankings. You’re comfortable with analytics, a/b testing, monetization. You’ll be working on projects that share data between websites and native apps.
- You’re an excellent communicator, both in project management and in code documentation. You understand how to edit/write clear job tickets that are actionable
Background on the Project
Enthusiast Gaming operates a number of esports apps and websites already in the market, such as Upcomer, Luminosity, DailyEsports, and so on. You’ll be working on the next generation of these projects.
How to apply
Please include links and specific references to your completed projects. We will be weighing applications most heavily based on the apps you’ve completed.
Who We are
Founded in 2014, Enthusiast Gaming is the largest gaming network in North America with over 100 websites and 900 Youtube communities of gaming and esports fans which collectively reach over 160 million visitors monthly. Together with its owned digital media properties, esports teams and influencers and live events, it reaches over 200 million gamers monthly with unique, curated content and user-generated posts. Enthusiast Gaming also owns and operates Canada’s largest gaming expo, Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo (EGLX).
What We Offer
This is your opportunity to join our collaborative team in our newly renovated office at Yonge & Eglinton, just steps away from the Subway and surrounded by diverse restaurants, cafes, pubs, and beautiful parks. We offer access to group health & dental benefits, and a Goodlife gym membership (conveniently located next door!) We anticipate continued growth over the coming years, which will provide tremendous opportunity for you to grow with us.
Enthusiast Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.