Who We are
Enthusiast Gaming (TSX: EGLX)(OTCQB: ENGMF)(FSE: 2AV) is building the world’s largest platform of communities for gamers and esports fans. Already the largest gaming platform in North America and the United Kingdom, the Company’s business is comprised of three main pillars: Media, Entertainment and Esports. Enthusiast Gaming’s digital media platform includes approximately 100 gaming related websites and 1,000 YouTube channels which collectively generate 4.2 billion views monthly. Enthusiast Gaming’s esports division, Luminosity Gaming, is a leading global esports franchise that consists of 7 professional esports teams under ownership and management, including the Vancouver Titans Overwatch team and the Seattle Surge Call of Duty team. Collectively, the integrated ecosystem reaches over 300 million gaming enthusiasts on a monthly basis.
We are currently seeking a Data Engineer to join our Analytics team who will be responsible for designing and building Enthusiast Gaming's next generation real time monitoring systems and data pipelines in GCP and AWS. We are looking for someone who cares deeply about system scalability and performance and is excited to process massive volumes of data as we begin collecting first party data from hundreds of millions of pageviews per month.
What You Will Do:
- Be a technology visionary; Explore and champion available technologies and design solutions to continuously improve our data quality, workflow reliability and scalability
- Build a testing and measurement system; You will be a critical senior member of our Analytics team, building out a sophisticated testing and measurement system in GCP or AWS, which captures revenue, engagement, and page speed metrics in real time, for hundreds of millions of monthly page views. This is a critical system required by the development team to be able to understand the impact of ad code and page optimization improvements made. The ability for the development team to make speedy and empirically-driven progress hinges upon the successful rollout of this system.
- Build data pipelines; You will build out and maintain data pipelines which capture millions of dollars of revenue data from more than a dozen different data sources, which feed into various executive and operational level reports and dashboards, informing practically every single business decision made by the Monetization department of the company. Data reliability, data accuracy, and systems resiliency are all critical factors which you will be helping improve.
- Ad-hoc querying and analysis; You will be called upon to leverage your SQL, Python and R skills to query the data warehouse for ad-hoc requests, creating timely reports required for making pressing business and technology decisions.
Who You Are
- You are a problem solver; you can make your way into the abyss and then find your way out again. You know how to make good decisions with limited information, and correct your course as needed.
- You are comfortable with the unknown; we are well-funded and organized, yet still have many exciting characteristics of a startup charting new paths. You need to be comfortable working in an environment that will continue to evolve.
- You are a self-starter; you relish the opportunity to identify needs and take action, without being explicitly told to.
- You are a person of integrity; honesty, trust and ethical decision-making are at the core of who we are. These values are important to you and you model them in your decision making and in your interactions with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
- You have a growth mindset; you are continually honing your craft, and keeping up with the best tools for the job.
- You are a great communicator; you shine when you are able to pass on knowledge and gather requirements from stakeholders. You are able to articulate your thoughts very clearly, with various audiences such as managers, peers, and clients.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer (or equivalent), including at least 2 years in a role working on a system processing billions of daily events
- At least 2 years of experience designing and architecting real-time data gathering systems in AWS (Redshift, Kinesis) or GCP (BigQuery, Dataflow)
- Expert SQL skills
- Expert skills in Python or R
- Understanding of ad serving platforms and online advertising systems is a major asset
What We Offer
We offer you the opportunity to join our highly collaborative, fully remote team. We offer access to group health & dental benefits, and a Goodlife gym membership. We anticipate continued growth over the coming years, which will provide tremendous opportunity for you to grow with us.
For more information about us, please visit www.enthusiastgaming.com.
Enthusiast Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.