(Closed) Sr. Front End Architect
Sr. Front-end Architect
Engine Media is looking for a full-time Sr. Front-end Architect to join our team.
About Engine Media
Engine Media is focused on accelerating new, live, immersive esports and interactive gaming experiences for consumers through its partnerships with traditional and emerging media companies. Engine Media provides a unique combination of gaming platforms, esports content, video streaming technology, data analytics, and intellectual property.
Engine Media’s direct-to-consumer gaming brands include competitive gaming and tournament platform, UMG Gaming, as well as the sports cash gaming platform, WinView.
As part of its B2B news streaming platform, Engine Media provides a complete suite of digital solutions for media companies to create, manage, distribute and monetize their content across web, social, mobile and OTT/CTV platforms. Our customers include CNN, Newsweek and Vice Media; TV affiliates of NBC, CBS, FOX, and ABC, as well as large radio station groups such as Cumulus. Collectively, Engine Media services over 1,200 media brands and reaches 100+ million monthly users in the United States. The company is headquartered in New York with hubs in Atlanta, Toronto, and Bangalore.
What You Get To Do...
The Sr. Front-end Architect will be given the opportunity to join a growing product engineering team focused on delivering our competitive gaming, CMS, and web platforms. Engine Media’s platforms power our clients’ end user experiences as well as our own direct-to-consumer experiences within the esports & competitive gaming market (UMGGaming.com and UMG.tv).
You will work with the team during the entire development process to architect, build, and ensure that new front-end features are delivered as expected and are of the highest quality without impacting existing functionality. You will work on all components of our web-based platform, including front-end web page & module frameworks, video players, ad libraries, analytics libraries, and administrative/client-facing content management tools. You will also provide a senior-level voice to guide the team and the overall organization in front-end best-practices and new technologies.
What We Need From You...
- Responsible for the definition, architectural design, development as well as successful and timely delivery of features in Engine’s competitive gaming, CMS, and web platforms
- Mentorship and collaboration within the organization, especially to gain consensus for major architectural decisions
- Implementation of front-end frameworks for page layout and modules/components
- Develop custom wrappers around third-party libraries such as video player, ads, analytics
- Develop front-end features within client-facing content management tools.
- Optimize front-end code and build tools for performance, scalability, stability and security
- Ensure consistent quality, standards, documentation, team/peer code reviews, and test coverage across codebase
- Participation in iteration and sprint planning meetings, providing estimates and solution alternatives
- Research and adopt relevant new technologies
- Monitor, debug, and troubleshoot issues and integrations as necessary
- Collaborate with broader development teams to ensure successful integrations
- Collaborate with product management & design team to meet client requirements
Our Ideal Candidate Has...
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Passion about product craftsmanship and delivering the best user experience through your code and technical architecture
- Expertise with:
- Browser techniques such as cookies, localStorage, HTTP methods, cross‐origin,AJAX/XHR, and caching
- Modern technologies such as responsive web, React or Vue, Bootstrap, Node.JS, SPA, PWA, flexbox, CSS grid, HTML5 Video and VideoJS
- Source/Build/Packaging tools such as NPM, webpack, gulp, babel, git, travis
- Unit testing frameworks such as: Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- Web Performance Optimization techniques and tooling
- Integration of front-end code within web server technologies such as PHP/Laravel, WordPress, or NodeJS
- Experience with online advertising tech (Google Ad Manager / GAM / DFP, VAST/VPAID, DSPs) and analytics (Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Optimize)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a collaborative focus
- Ability to work independently and take ownership and initiative on tasks
- Excellent organization and time-management skills; Delivers successfully on commitments
- Comfort with an agile/sprint/scrum development process using continuous integration and continuous deployment processes
- Solid decision making and triage skills to determine how to handle any issues found, such as classifying known issues, release blockers, and when to file bug reports in the backlog
- Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to learn new skills while on the job
What We Think is Nice to Have...
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS & CDN’s, especially concerning deployment & delivery of front‐end assets
- WordPress CMS, and custom theme/plugin development.
- Familiarity with video streaming technologies (such as HLS) and video players (JW, VideoJS, Brightcove, Ooyala, Theo Player),
- Experience working across multiple projects with authority in several domains