(Closed) VFX Artist
As a VFX artist at Embark, it's your job to make our players dream, feel, and fall in love with our games.
You craft dynamic, vibrant, and gorgeous special effects that will help our games come to life, bind together and enhance the gameplay and the emotional experiences.
Your passion is to surprise players with well-tuned and beautifully built experiences. You enjoy a variety of games — sometimes deconstructing and analyzing, other times just playing.
You think hard about how players explore and experience games, and you imagine a future where players can be part of creating their own unique experiences.
You know that experimenting is a gamble. But you have a knack for choosing the smartest route, and you know when it’s time to declare success or failure. You make sure to balance meaningful innovation with executing best practices.
Example Of Responsibilities
- Collaborate with a wide range of talents at Embark to deliver the visual style from reference, mood boards and concept art
- Create aesthetically delightful VFX that enhances the gameplay, experience, and aligns to specified game budgets
- Craft VFX for our games mood boards and collect references according to the Art Direction
- Evaluating different software, techniques, engines and pipelines
We would love if you have
- A creative and curious mind
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional VFX experience
- A strong passion for art, games and relevant technologies
- Excellent visual skillset and deep artistic understanding and knowledge
- Experience of following directions and deliver to quality from a visual, game play and technical perspective
- Great understanding and ability to work according Game and Art Direction as well as technical constraints
- Professional English communication skills.
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!