(Closed) UX Researcher - Games
We are looking for a talented and passionate User Experience (UX) Researcher to work with cross-functional teams to design and execute research, explore the behaviour and motivations of our players and gather insights that inform the design and product decisions.
Examples of responsibilities
- Design and conduct user research for all Embark products.
- Collect and analyze player behaviour through a variety of methods such as lab studies, surveys, benchmark studies, field visits, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to identify research opportunities.
- Distinguish root recommendations inspired by the player needs and behaviours.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Effectively communicate research findings to the product and design teams through written reports and verbal presentations focusing on actionable recommendations.
- Generate new methodologies that will pertain to each product’s unique gameplay and sensibility.
- Evangelize user research across the company while setting new exceptional and operative standards.
It would be awesome if you have some of these
- A creative and curious mind with a passion for games and games user experience.
- Inspiring and knowledgeable about research methodology in general.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to take a variety of primary and secondary source materials such as analytics, survey results, user behaviour, eye-tracking data, and best practices to craft actionable and unbiased recommendations.
- Show a strong comprehension of the strengths and limitations of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- 5+ years of experience with a proven track record, preferably from the gaming industry, including experience integrating user research into product design.
- Master’s degree in Cognitive Science, Statistics, Human- Psychology, Computer Science, Computer Interaction, another or related field or equivalent working experience.
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!