Back-End Engineer (Commerical Tech)
Creating experiences is magical… but everyone should be able to do it! We are trying to realize this dream by creating games, communities, and building empowering technologies. If you are passionate about our mission, bring your expertise, enthusiasm and ridiculous ideas. Everyone at Embark contributes as game makers and culture creators. Your willingness to fail and learn with us, and enjoy it, is essential to our success.
This is a unique position that blurs the lines between design and code. You will be responsible for the technical design and implementation on a project. Your role involves creating and maintaining tools and other workflows used by the design team, and shepherding them from early prototypes to a well tuned shipping gameplay. You have a background in programming and technical design.
You have played lots of games… across genres, platforms, and playstyles. That knowledge helps you to identify features and understand how a new idea is best implemented. You can map features into systems to produce it. You are thoughtful and enjoy how all elements of a game work together, especially creating tools for the design team to make it happen. You are effective at communicating and collaborating with peers, making sure everyone feels like they can contribute to the design. Seeing it all come together for the player makes you happy
Example Of Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining tools and features for the design team
- Assist with technical standards and how to maintain them
- Constant interaction with rest of team, always be curious and look for new ideas
- Living, evocative, visual documentation suitable for detailed analysis with other designers or broad stroke understanding across the entire team
- Guiding a small team of developers where you prototype, build, test features and knowledge sharing
We would love if you have
- Passion for and experience with high quality hands-on game building
- Experience from AAA live service games and/or F2P
- Extended experience from working with game engines, e.g. Unreal or Unity
- Solid experience with visual scripting or programming
- Advocacy for the player's experience and their creative involvement
- Enjoyment of creative collaboration - eager to design and share with others
- Familiarity with coding practice, art pipelines, or sophisticated systems design
- 8+ years of design work across multiple types of games
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!