Back-End Engineer - Commercial Tech
As a Back-end Engineer at Embark, you will be a Gamemaker in a technical team that builds automation solutions for the commercial activities of our games; including performance marketing, monetization, customer support, and the analytics and data pipeline. The objective of the team is to build scalable and cost-efficient solutions in creating a dynamic and profitable player journey. You will work closely with all parts of the commercial team, the game teams and the data teams. You will report to the Head of Automation.
As an integral part of a creative and autonomous team, you will create and improve the high-quality, polished experiences we want to provide our players. Your role is to provide experience and solutions in the back-end and infrastructure space. Some of the technologies we use are Go, Python, GCP, Bazel, Terraform, Kubernetes, and Spanner.
Example of responsibilities
- Build automated tools and solutions for
- Cost-efficient user acquisition
- Dynamic store management
- Player identification
- Reporting and A/B-testing
- External store integrations
- Continuously improve our engineering practices and automate existing workflows to make sure our services are easy to deploy, scale and maintain.
- Collaborate and work closely with multiple teams to deliver products for a smooth player experience
We would love if you have
- A passion for games, interactive experiences and new technologies
- A solid understanding about distributed systems and experience building them
- A good grasp of performance, optimization and observability.
- An analytical mindset, self-drive and a can-do attitude to drive projects from idea to product
- The ability to be a great team player with good communication skills
- Previous experience in the gaming industry or other consumer-facing products
- Experience with the technologies we use such as Go, Python and GCP
- Professional English communication skills
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!