Senior Concept Artist (2D)
Who are we?
Founded in 2008, Elex is a global competitor in game development, publishing, and operations. Elex's primary focus is on the overseas market, and given its meteoric success, it has become the benchmark for Chinese Internet companies expanding into international markets.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate is an innovative and adventurous global visionary who can work both independently and as a part of a team.
What can I get from joining Elex?
- Great platform for making games
- A network of talented people
- A culture encouraging success and accepting of failure
- Good benefits and competitive salary
Where are we going?
We are looking for talented young partners with global mindsets to achieve further success and make more breakthroughs in the global game market.
The Concept Artist will develop the 2D elements that will constitute the graphic representations of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the graphic design production team.
- Sketch, draw and design art concepts for game design documents to make the vision of the graphic design AD more tangible;
- Create environments, characters, objects, atmospheres and the general style to provide practical content that direct and indirect groups can capitalize on;
- Produce sketches to help the AD show the preliminary project intentions;
- State ideas based on direction and the advancement of the project with screenshot paint overs and retakes of existing illustrations;
- Effectively communicate visual intentions with wider team;
- Make any necessary changes to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision;
- Convey the color pallets sought by AD by using it in concepts;
- Iterate on selected sketches by adding more detail;
- Account for technical constraints and limitations to suggest realistic concepts;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Your Skills and Qualifications
- College diploma in fine arts or equivalent training or work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in concept art, in the games industry – preferably with experience in working on highly realistic console game titles;
- Experience contributing to the main vision of 1-2 AAA game titles in a senior to lead capacity;
- Knowledge of 3D software;
- Architectural knowledge;
- Anatomical knowledge;
- Mechanical design/industrial design skills;
- Knowledge of image composition.
Nice to have
- Observation skills;
- Research skills;
- Written and oral Communication skills;
- Comfortable with iterative approach;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change.