Vice President Data & AI
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity, and Social.
Reporting to the head of EADP, the VP Data & AI will promote EA's technical strategy for our Data and AI strategy in close coordination with our gaming studios and EAX team. You will lead a global team that includes Data Scientists, AI Scientists, Software Engineers, and Program Managers in building our data, experimentation, and AI platform solutions. The VP will be a catalyst for change to ensure that EA has the appropriate data tools and information to promote goals and strategies.
- Set the vision, goals, and overall direction for EADP's data, experimentation, and AI solutions. Inspire the team to delight our customers
- Engage with leaders across our game studios on the Data and AI strategy and act as a driver and thought leader in these areas
- Foster the development of a multifunctional team, including data scientists, data engineers, AI engineers, AI scientists, and architects
- Guide and evaluate the work of the team through the lens of delighting our internal customers.
- Provide tools that allow large datasets to be easily accessed and analyzed to provide insights that drive our goals
- Provide AI tools to gaming studios that improve game development and the in-game player experience
- Find new ways to use data and machine learning to re-imagine or better support current processes
- Lead change across large, global environments
- Experience building powerful yet easy to use and adopt data systems and tools supporting high-volume and reliable interactive modeling, analysis, and experimentation
- Experience working in high technology services and support (e.g., online services, software, web technologies).
- Passionate about customer needs and focus: responsive to the needs of our studios and customers while building toward an overall excellent data capability for EA
- Skills at promoting agreement across a range of different opinions and interests; experienced at building agreement within federated, complex environments with a specific goal of promoting an enterprise-wide strategy across EA's divisions
- Can envision and build a new and inspiring direction that ensures EA is building the right thing with creative differentiators that improve the impact
- Deep knowledge of Data and AI systems - seen as an expert in the field
- 12+ years of outstanding data and AI experience
- 10+ years leading teams, with experience driving impact with data solutions
Nice to Have:
- Exhibit a history of embracing working within a creative, technology-enabled atmosphere in which fun and entertainment remain the central themes
- Background in planning and delivering in a large industry or organization across geographic boundaries
- Have their finger on the pulse of the AI/ML community. Know the landscape today and can see where things are going
- Establish and translate a vision into plans
- Ph.D. or Master's in Computers Science, AI/ML, or related field
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.