Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS Mobile is a division of EA SPORTS dedicated to creating high-quality mobile sports games connected to some of the world's biggest gaming franchises, including EA SPORTS FIFA and EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL.
The EA SPORTS Mobile team is founded on passion, innovation, and creativity with a mission to provide immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices and played by over 450 million gamers around the world. With teams located in Orlando, Bucharest, and Hyderabad, EA SPORTS Mobile is powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
Join the Madden NFL Mobile Team. Be a collaborator and facilitator of visual effects to provide a compelling player experience. Help enhance the direction of the experience with a player-focused attitude as part of a diverse team of software developers and creative professionals. You will report to the Art Director and follow their vision for the game. We are all about having fun, taking chances, and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of our NFL software, we are set to provide an experience to embrace and build upon everything that makes our franchises so special.
EA SPORTS Mobile is looking for a VFX Artist to join our Madden NFL Mobile located in Orlando.
- Build relationships while working with a cross-disciplinary team, and partner groups to set priorities towards meaningful design solutions to meet the player and business goals within technical constraints.
- Conceptualize and design stunning in-game visual effects by using available tools in a real-time engine.
- Work with Artists, Designers and Engineers to ensure that visual effects are of a very high quality and will enhance the player experience in the constraints of the engine.
- Work with the Art Team to establish a style for VFX and ensure the quality of the assets for the project.
- Ensure that VFX assets are built and within the given deadlines.
- Prepare assets for export to the game engine.
- Provide creative solutions to technical art problems or restrictions.
- Help in developing tools & refining pipelines for the art production process.
- Ability to iterate and implement quickly without sacrificing quality
- Able to keep content relevant to the Madden NFL Mobile art style and work within those limitations
- Ability to create original texture sprites and sprite sheets to create particle effects
- Ability to adapt and cope with change along with the demands of the project's production. High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- BA in art media, graphic design or equivalent relevant experience
- 2+ years of production experience as a VFX Artist.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Maya, and particle editors for pre-visualizing VFX
- Knowledge of game production pipeline and 3D game engines
- Experience designing compelling consumer-facing 3D game content for a variety of devices or platforms
- Understand VFX workflows and tools with the ability to modify and improve them
- Understanding of VFX / Post FX integration and performance impacts
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Welcome and provide thoughtful feedback
- Be enthusiastic and expect to take on challenges
- Passion for games with a grasp of market visual trends
- Knowledge of the NFL is not a requirement
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work. Portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, or web page portfolio.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.