UI Software Engineer - Madden
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States - Austin, Texas, United States - Georgia, United States
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
As a UI Software Engineer you will be part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms. You will work on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Game Modes domain. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers to develop the game's foundation layer.
- You will implement and improve Client Front-End screens and workflows
- Work with the Interface Designer to lay out and create screens and components.
- Work with Server and Client BE engineers to establish, hook up and test end-to-end functionality.
- Refine underlying screen navigation workflow.
- Work within a small to medium team of engineers.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
- Profile and optimize software components of a game.
- Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines.
- Measurably improve process and best practices to achieve targets.
- Experience with programming languages such as C++ or C# or Java.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Experience with memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.