Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
In the complex, large-scale environment at Codemasters, our tools programmers are the ultimate skilled enablers. For those of you who love to tussle with practical software problem-solving with tangible, highly utilisable solutions that the whole team will thank you for, this could be the perfect place for you!
Even for highly experienced tools coders, the level of complexity of game development we can offer is hugely stimulating, especially as with so much in-house tech and capability, you’re never short of like-minded and experienced developers to bounce your ideas off. If you love programming and love games, this is your chance to make making the games a sharper reality, applying dexterity, skill, logic and expertise to enable the power of game development to come to life.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in tools development, either within the Games or IT industry, that has some experience of mentoring a team, or perhaps has aspirations to lead a team in the near future. You will work alongside some of the industry's best talent and if you're looking for an inclusive environment, that promotes time for self-development and career progression, then look no further - we would love to hear from you!
- Develop and maintain bespoke content creation tools and pipelines to the highest standards
- Research new technology, techniques and ideas
- Support a large team of content creators and developers using the tools
What you'll need:
- A high level of C++ knowledge and ideally have experience of completing multiple projects
- Experience of asset pipeline design and implementation
- Experience of writing standalone tools for data conversion or batch processing
- Scripting language experience (e.g. Python, Powershell)
- Usability analysis
- Experienced in process automation
It would be great if you had:
- Experience of Unreal Engine and Unreal Editor Tool Creation
- Knowledgeable in C# and DCC SDKs (Max, Maya, Photoshop)
- Experienced with GUI Toolkits (WPF, Qt, WxWidgets)
- User Interface Design
- Knowledge of Continuous Build Systems
- An ideal candidate will be highly driven and self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Good teamwork skills
- A passion for games!
In return we offer:
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Competitive salary and annual bonus structure
- Enhanced pension, private healthcare and dental plans, discounted employee share scheme and much more
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- Free company minibus from Leamington Spa to work and back
- 10 free games per year and new console allowance
- Free on-site gym and facilities
- Large on-site free car park
- Free fruit, tea and coffee
- On site bistro/restaurant
- Our own pub!
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.