Videogame Tester - Simplified Chinese
Requisition Number: 163818
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play.
EA Madrid is home to our international Localization Testing and Compliance & Certification groups, comprised of computer engineers, producers, sound and linguistic specialists working to provide localized versions of our titles to over 30 countries around the world. At EA Madrid, you will find a vibrant, multicultural environment where each employee has an important role in this exciting organization.
As a Localization Tester, your main role will be to check the linguistic quality of localized products, and ensure they follow EA procedures and requirements before being certified by EA’s Compliance & Certification group. You may also assist EA's Worldwide Customer Experience service in evaluating their advisors.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Complete assigned tasks, thoroughly.
- Ensure that all bugs, flaws or issues are reported correctly (in English and Chinese) and removed from the product before release.
- Inform Leads and Senior Testers of any issue that may slow down or stop testing progress early.
- Proactively seek ways to improve your knowledge of testing procedures and related equipment.
- Follow EA security procedures by taking responsibility for equipment and software security.
- You will report to the Linguistic Team Lead.
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English and in Simplified Chinese - must be a native speaker.
- Demonstrate an ability to approach testing in a detailed and structured way.
- Interest and knowledge of video games, the video game industry and platforms, including PC, Mac, Consoles (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One), and Mobile.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, player-focused, and team-oriented
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Windows environment
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- EA offers relocation support for employees joining us from outside of Madrid.
- Please note, you must be eligible to work in Spain. EA does not sponsor visas for this position.
- EA Madrid’s work is dynamic. There will be peak periods of activity, therefore the workload and make-up of teams will vary. Regular working hours are 40 hours per week. On few occasions overtime might be needed either on workdays or weekends. It will be compensated with time off.
- Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
- After your cv validation by the talent acquisition team, you will be invited by email to pass an online test through an external platform. Stay tuned!
Connect your future to ours. Inspire. Dream. Play.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.