Technical Program Manager (Software Quality Engineering)
Requisition Number: 164410
We are EA…
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is difficult. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
A Sr Technical Program Manager for the Mobile Quality Engineering organization is the keeper of the program schedules project schedule and helps move the studio development teams from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication with their company partners and customers. You will partner with Technical Directors, other Development Directors, and senior leadership members across multiple studios and multiple disciplines (engineering, quality assurance, art/tech art) to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to spec, to quality, and within budget. You will also be responsible for developing new or evolving existing development processes across this whole, global, organization.
What a Sr Technical Program Manager (Development Director level II) Development Director does at EA:
- In an Agile environment, manages a development team(s) of software engineers and software engineers In test and coordinates Scrum teams to meet their sprint goals, leading and organizing resources in planning and tracking their work.
- In projects with multiple customers, act as the Product Owner to improve requirements, while ensuring clear identification of ROIs across all asks.
- Manage requirements, risks, and changes by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly. Most importantly, secure and track commitments.
- Establish and track important metrics and quality and performance indicators to promote execution of program deliverables.
- Identify and analyze complex, long-term infrastructure problems with engineering leaders and partners.
- Improve our process improvements across multiple teams and functions with a focus on reducing manual test efforts through automation.
- Be involved with financial planning and head count allocation to help the organization to be funded and operating effectively.
- Work with business and product management to establish strategy and requirements.
- Collaborate with engineering and business owners to establish program requirements, set priorities, and establish scope, which includes defining the road-map and long-term strategy of the teams that you are partnering with.
- Encourage activity across multiple business organizations with the ability to create agreement through collaboration and negotiation.
- Provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- Influence program decisions to align with higher company programs.
- Transparent in all their actions and flexible with their style.
- Determine engagement practices, ensuring all workflows are clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff is trained in expectations on the workflow.
- Bring a customer-first focus with and adapt to evolving needs.
- Track and implement project improvement plans to improve team efficiency.
- Help promote resourcing, hiring, performance reviews, team building, and team health engagement.
- Respond to team health metrics to ensure minimal attrition.
- Foster an engaging and fulfilling work environment.
- Solve complex technical and program problems.
- Take a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Mitigate risk for assigned scope.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provideprovides management escalation, project prioritization, make trade-offs, balances needs versus technical constraints.
What you bring:
- At a minimum: 7 years of technical project management or project lead experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or directly related field.
- Excellent knowledge of product life cycle, software development lifecycle, and project planning.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment.
- Experience establishing project plans and project budgets, determining task requirements, assigning tasks and implementing operational changes.
- Proficient in tools such as Jira, Perforce, and Confluence.
- Experience working with broad, diverse teams and leading teams that are multi-location and remote.
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- A Master’s degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or directly related field. Including MBA.
- Certified PMP.
- Experience managing iOS and Android platform development programs.
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Experience working on technical projects within common game development engines such as Unity and Unreal Engine.
- Automated testing experiences.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes excellent people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that is motivated by creativity and passion. You will also get a benefits package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free video games.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.