Technical Designer - PGA Tour
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports videogames and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Interested in joining our team? At EA Madrid - where passion for sports is only matched by the talent on the ground - we are looking for a passionate Technical Designer who will report into one of our Producers in Sports, to play an essential part in developing the next installments of our PGA Tour franchise.
You have a broad knowledge of both design and engineering, fulfilling multiple needs as they arise over the course of development. You will work directly with creative and technical leadership to build the game's vision while maintaining high technical standards.
- Over the course of development, you will design, prototype, implement, improve, and polish several game features.
- Produce creative ideas that fit within the vision of the game.
- Develop these ideas in a detailed design document.
- Use visual scripting to prototype new ideas. Quickly find the fun, fail fast and fail cheap.
- Work within a diverse team and collaborate well with designers, engineers, and artists.
- Implement, and tune complex data systems inside Frostbite.
- Design non-interactive sequences using a propriety tool set.
- Produce the setup, implementation, and polish phases of narrative cinematic scenes in the game.
- Design unique gameplay moments.
- Author python scripts to automate repetitive tasks within Frostbite.
- +3 years of industry experience in a design or engineering role..
- Mix of technical skills and design skills.
- Experience working with Unity or Unreal. .
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Visual scripting experience.
- Well versed in modern game design trends.
- Personal side projects.
- A background in computer science.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.