Battlefield Seattle is focused on building rich, exciting stories with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
Role Overview: This is a Technical Audio Artist position with the Battlefield Seattle Studio. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three-hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
Your primary focus will be to handle technical audio tasks within the Frostbite game engine. This includes setting up visual scripting events, sound asset integration, and working with the Audio system to achieve sound playback in game software. You have proficiency in sound design to fill this role, but the technical aspects of audio integration will be your primary focus
- Help our Audio Team create a world class audio experience
- Be an important Technical Design contributor within our Audio Team
- Work within the FrostED game editor to import, name, and organize audio assets
- Set up visual scripting logic to trigger in game sound events
- Implement / Edit sound effects for in game playback
- Test and Quality Control of in-game audio assets
- Take direction from the Audio Director / Senior Audio Artist, and work as a positive and productive member of the Audio Team
- You must be committed to craft excellence, and improving your Technical and Sound Design skillset
- Help the Audio Team with location sound recording: character foley, weapons, ambience, sfx, etc.
- BA, Technical School Degree, or equivalent work experience in Audio Engineering, Sound Design or Recording Arts
- Technical proficiency. Knowledge or experience with visual scripting programs such as Reaktor, Max, Pure Data, UDK. Knowledge or interest in computer programming is a plus for this role.
- In-depth knowledge of audio theory and sound design practices; includes knowledge of waveform editing, equalization, compression, mixing, plug ins.
- Proficiency with audio software \ DAW, such as Reaper, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Vegas, Cubase, Logic
- Proficiency with audio plug in software such as Waves, FabFilter, iZotope, SoundToys, etc.
- Some experience or knowledge of audio game development tools, such as Wwise or FMODs
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with Resume
- Provide weblink on resume for online Tech Sound Design Demo / Portfolio (required)
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete an audio questionnaire
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.