(Closed) Technical Artist (Rigging)
The Rigging Technical Artist (Rigging TA) is a liaison between artists and software engineers by developing solutions to assets, tools, and workflows that ensure the desired visual result to be attained. As a contributor, understanding of real-time computation and bio-mechanics, as it relates to human anatomy, is a must for creating believable skin deformation and control systems. The Technical Artist will work as part of a team and coordinate with supervisors, lead artists, and directors to create and provide content to game teams.
What a Sr. Rigging TA does at EA:
- Design complex skeletons, control rigs, secondary animation (fat, jiggle), and skin deformations
- Design, deploy and maintain animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve production efficiency
- Implement techniques and process to solve character and animation and deformation challenges as identified by department lead
- Lead in problem identification and delivering solutions
- Determine and estimate tasks for other team members to take on to the best of their abilities
- Work and collaborate with the essential client partners (Art, Programming, Production, etc.)
The next great EA Sr. Rigging TA needs
- 5+ years of technical art/rigging/animation experience with multiple shipped game titles or VFX/feature animation
- Experience with Python, C# or C++ and familiarity with the Maya API (MotionBuilder API experience a plus)
- Established background in rigging and skinning complex character assets
- Understand animation principles and human anatomy
- Expert in standard industry tools including Maya, Houdini, and MotionBuilder in applicable areas
- Have a collaborative work ethic who is not afraid of big challenges. You will be asked to identify issues and resolve them.
- Document tools required to educate artists on new tools or workflows.
- Degree in visual effects or technical subject area is preferred.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.