Technical Artist - Rigging
The Rigging Technical Artist (Rigging TA) is a liaison between artists and software engineers by developing solutions to assets, tools, and workflows that allow the desired visual result to be attained. As a contributor, understanding of real-time computation and biomechanics, as it relates to human anatomy, is a must for creating believable skin deformation and control systems. The Technical Artist will work as part of a team and coordinate with supervisors, lead artists, and directors to develop content for game teams.
What a Rigging TA does at EA:
- Design complex skeletons, control rigs, secondary animation (fat, jiggle), and skin deformations
- Deploy animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve production efficiency
- Implement techniques and process to solve character and animation and deformation challenges as identified by department lead
- Coordinate in problem identification and provide solutions
- Collaborate with your client partners (Art, Programming, Production)
The next great EA Rigging TA needs
- 2+ years of technical art/rigging/animation experience with multiple shipped game titles or VFX/feature animation
- Experience with Python, C# or C++ and familiarity with the Maya API (MotionBuilder API experience a plus)
- A Background in rigging and skinning complex character assets
- Understanding of animation principles and human anatomy
- Expert in standard industry tools including Maya, Houdini, and MotionBuilder in applicable areas
- Experience documenting processes required to educate artists on new tools or workflows.
- A degree in visual effects or technical subject areas.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.