Technical Animator Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What does a Technical Animator do?
As a Technical Animator, reporting to Frostbite's Creative Director, you will be a part of the Frostbite content example team. As a member of this team, you’ll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators. Your passion and expertise with the technical challenges of animation will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to game teams.
- As a Technical Animator on the Frostbite team you will collaborate directly with engineers and product owners to improve content creation workflows.
- You will build animation demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite’s capabilities.
- You will collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Animators across all of EA studios using Frostbite.
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Animator. Understanding of game animation production pipelines and processes
- Experience working with animation in Maya or Motionbuilder
- Experience working with animation in a game engine such as Unity, Unreal or similar.
- Comfortable writing user guide documentation
- Comfortable engaging and building relationships with multiple teams and individuals globally
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence & Jira software or similar tools
- Shipped 2 + games
- Experience creating animation tools and workflows
- Experience with Facial and Body motion capture processes
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages
- Enjoy helping people become better animators