(Closed) Systems Software Engineer
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
The Role: Systems Enginer
The NHL and UFC team is looking for a Systems Engineer to play a key role in shipping a high-quality title. The Systems Engineer works with other domains and production to integrate and develop core technologies, manage and optimize memory, load time, and performance, and help guide the title through the final stages of development.
We’re looking for someone who can own and drive systems work – everything from technology upgrades to memory and performance optimization. Someone who can work through other engineers but isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and fix those intricate last minute bugs. Above all, we’re looking for an engineer who knows what it takes to make a AAA title and is excited to use their talent and experience to build great games.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Strong C++, architectural, and software engineering skills.
- Ability to learn, test, debug, and extend other software engineer's code.
- Experience integrating and maintaining large scale systems covering multiple domains and technologies.
- Understanding of memory management, file systems, multi-core processing, and runtime optimization.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with assembler, scripting languages (Python, Lua), and C#.
- Understanding and experience of job-based architectures and scheduling.
- Detailed knowledge of Xbox One and PS4 platforms.
- Experience with profiling tools to monitor and diagnose issues.
Required Non-Technical Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Proactive problem solver who can quickly adapt to new situations and challenges.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Excellent decision-making capabilities.
- Able to constantly innovate to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.