(Closed) Sr. Product Manager, Esports
Location: EA Vancouver or EA Redwood Shores
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
We are building a global team to strategically guide competitive gaming programs for the EA SPORTS FIFA franchise. We are looking for passionate and humble individuals with the imagination to innovate and lead in the industry. Together we will inspire the world to play competitively and make stars of all our players.
A key part of the team is the Esports Product Manager. As the PM, you will be responsible for increasing in-game and out-of-game engagement for all competitive FIFA players at all levels from organized play to the big stage at the FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final.
- You will write competitive gaming business cases, assist with creative briefs, establish technical conditions for competitive gameplay, and enable features for viewers and competitors in the FIFA Competitive Gaming ecosystem.
- You will work with a diverse team to ensure they are aligned, understand current priorities and fostering excellent collaboration with Game Development, Central Technology, Global Analytics, Consumer Insights, and FIFA & Central Competitive Gaming teams.
- Maintain and communicate on the status of the FIFA specific CGD vision and provide regular updates to align partners across the organization on the progress and prioritization of their needs.
- Collate player feedback, interpret data, and analyze behavior of players and viewers and translate that into key initiative requirements. You will act as the go to point of contact for all Competitive Gaming features, prioritize the features for development and collaborate with FIFA Dev to create a roadmap.
- Influence on the competitive structure and schedule for all levels of FIFA competitive gaming will be, but not limited to, competitive match making methodology, online qualifiers, and competitive modes and strategy within the game, but also how we define the intersection of offline and online with our event strategy.
- BS degree in a technical field or a vast technological understanding, MBA preferred
- 3+ years of experience creating strategic product roadmap(s) from conception to launch and working with diverse teams.
- Ability to articulate complex system designs in an understandable manner for key stakeholders. Excellent technical writing ability
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and dedicated facilitator, with ability to organize and motivate work across multiple team boundaries
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
Highly desirable skills
- Strong Analytical Mind
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexible and dynamic team player
- Esports Managerial experience & avid FIFA player/follower
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
We look forward to receiving your application!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.