(Closed) Sr. Game Designer, Competitive Gaming
We are building a global team to strategically drive competitive gaming for EA, and we are looking for passionate, determined individuals with the imagination to innovate and lead in the industry. At EA, working on “competitive gaming” is not just esports; it’s also the competitive experiences in-game that impact all players. We need great talent and great minds to do right by all those players.
CGDx is a specialized group inside the Competitive Gaming Division focused on unlocking the competitive potential of all EA’s titles for our players. We are looking for an experienced and talented Sr. Game Designer to lead a team that works hand-in-hand with developers inside EA’s game studios to imagine, implement and improve competitive features. This role will be equal parts strategist and developer, requiring both visionary thinking and the adaptation of those ideas into actual feature specs.
This position puts you at the heart of EA’s Competitive Gaming Division, with a focus on discovering new, unique and inspiring opportunities for players to further enjoy their most beloved games.
Are you a multi-talented game-design expert with a love for competitive gaming and outstanding collaborative people skills? If so, this is a unique opportunity to be a thought leader in the industry and make your mark on games played by millions of players.
- Evaluate existing and prospective titles for competitive feature opportunities
- Create competitive feature strategies, roadmaps and individual specs
- Analyze feature performance and optimize over time, working with Analytics and Community Engagement partner teams
- Openly share work and seek feedback from other developers and cross-functional team members, as well as synthesize coworker and player feedback to calibrate design direction
- Improve existing design frameworks as well as craft new ones
- Remain current on industry trends, including new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms. Study and learn from these industry trends and best practices
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in game design, including senior or lead design experience on a shipped product
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools and technology
- Broad knowledge and passion for competitive gaming on PC, console and mobile.
- Extensive content and systems design experience, driving from concept to delivery
- Experience leading teams and working on multiple projects or features in parallel
- Flexible, open-minded and driven, with the ability to overcome obstacles and develop creative solutions
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Superior communication skills with experience presenting ideas both verbally and as technical documentation
- Incredible passion for playing and making games
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.