Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The Senior Character Artist will be responsible for creating top notch game character art and set the quality bar for projects. The Senior Character Artist will be responsible for creating and overseeing all aspects of modeling and texturing pertaining to character creation, as well as the ability to take an idea from concept to final. This person should be evenly balanced in artistic and technical ability and be able to follow the vision as set forth by the Art Director. As a Senior Character Artist, you will be expected to mentor junior and intermediate artists, grow the talent pool, and have direct input on workflow, pipelines and processes. In addition, The Senior Character Artist is also expected to stay up to date on the latest technologies related to game art and help optimize workflows through practice and hands on approach.
- Create top-quality character-related models and textures to set the quality bar for our project.
- Assist with Tech Art and Engineering in planning and implementing our art pipeline.
- Work closely with art director and leads to drive and evangelize our artistic vision.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- 5 years+ in game development as a character artist specializing in organic and hard surface modeling.
- Ability to create photo realistic and stylized character art from concept
- Ability to create visual target for the projects
- Ability to explore and develop a unique and cohesive art style with AD
- Excellent understanding of human form, anatomy, muscle and bone systems
- Excellent understanding of and mastery of clothing pattern and creation
- Excellent understanding of hair card creation and mastery of x-gen workflow
- Excellent understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling
- Excellent understanding of materials, texture creation.
- Expert experience with mesh/UV mapping and multiple-pass texture layout
- Good understand of hair and cloth simulation
- Good prototyping ability
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to produce with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and produce workflow documentation
- Ability to provide feedback to artists to improve quality
- Ability to troubleshoot and Quality Control work
- Passion for game and strong game culture
- Experience in film industry and worked for high visual quality movies
- Have shipped multiple finished products in a lead or senior artist position
- Skill in one or more related disciplines- concepting, animation, rigging, visual effects, or technical art
- Experience in working with outsource art studios and other external vendors
- Experience using Substance Designer
- Fluent English communication skills
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.