Software Engineer - Tools - Madden
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Madden is looking for experienced, passionate full stack tools developers to join our live services team. In this role you will work in an agile development environment to create and improve our content management systems and pipelines. Your goal will be to build scalable, well tested software designed to empower our creative teams and partners who are responsible for authoring and distributing content for Madden’s online game modes and features.
- Collaborate with a team of developers, designers, and production partners to build scalable solutions for new and existing tools that will be used to produce content for Madden’s online game modes and features.
- Build, maintain, and support internal tools designed to empower content creators.
- Produce code of sound design and quality that conforms to established design principles and patterns.
- Work with large data sets and distribution pipelines that span multiple cloud solutions, services, and networks.
- Develop tools and interfaces that are clean, simple, and powerful.
- Interpret partner requests and design requirements into sound, creative, scalable technical designs and solutions.
- Fix bugs identified by QA or partner teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong grasp on programming fundamentals, algorithms, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Java or Scala.
- Experience writing scalable, well tested tools and software.
- Experience developing web applications.
- Familiarity with MySQL, SQL, or other relational databases.
- Familiarity with Node, Apache, AWS, IIS and .NET framework/core/standard.
- Familiarity with source control, software IDEs, and other software development tools.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.