Software Engineer III - Java
Software Engineer (SE-III) , Player & Developer Experience (PDE) - EA Digital Platform (EADP)
Reporting to Director of Engineering
We are EA
Electronic Arts is more than you've ever realised. We're more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase – we're a vibrant community of many artists, storytellers, technologists, and working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play.
While headquartered in Redwood City, EA's platform engineering, game development, and publishing operations take place in a network of locations, stretching from Shanghai to Stockholm, Melbourne to Vancouver, Redwood City to Hyderabad. No matter which of our locations you join, you'll feel the and support of EA's global brand, while immersing yourself in a culture that inspires you to excel, take risks and dream big.
This is an especially great time for the video game industry, as we're going through an exciting digital transformation. The global gaming audience has also never been bigger, with industry revenue projected to reach $295.6 billion by 2026.
Since its founding in 1982, EA has helped shape the way over 300 million registered players consume and enjoy interactive media. No other company EA's portfolio of amazing games and services, across multiple platforms, to players around the world. It is an exciting era in games, and an exciting time to join the team at EA!
The Challenge Ahead:
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organisation drives important technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is essential to making the industry's best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure and services to keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
What a Software Engineer (III) , Player & Development Experience (PDE) does at EA:
- Provide technical leadership and be an expert for the technology team that develops the application platforms and tools which provides best player and developer experience.
- Design the products keeping system performance aspects like scalability and availability, security, observability, in mind.
- Design available Web applications and platform services which runs on distributed systems using micro-services architecture
- Promote the developed products and onboard new customers internal to EA and ensure highest customer & player satisfaction
- Hands-on in Design, testing and deployment in large-scale environments.
- Work with Product management and game teams to gather the requirements which will enhance the capabilities of the system.
- Improve the brainstorming on the new products, tools and services required by EADP teams & Game Teams.
- Lead the Proof of Concepts developments to solve the complex problems.
- Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company products.
- Work as an Individual contributor (IC) and mentors other engineers in the team technically and groom them to become experts in the technical area.
- Improve technical excellence amongst team members by mentoring
- Provide accurate estimates on deliverables for yourself and help team on the same
- Find and address technology risks during early stages of development
- The last level in the escalation chain for resolving technical issues
- Architect, Develop web applications, components & prototypes
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative, Agile software development process, including scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, debugging, maintenance, and support
- Work with the design and product management team to build services that delight users.
- Document and present designs for peer technical review and provide feedback on other's designs
- Focus on preventing the introduction of defects during the software development process rather than finding defects after testing begins. You guide engineering excellence within your division.
- Influence the team's technical and our strategy by making insightful contributions to the team's priorities and approach.
- . You work very provide the right things.
- Harmonise discordant views, find the best way forward and convince your team. Demonstrate and navigate difficult situations with composure.
- You will achieve high-quality software & products with a Continuous Integration, Validation and Deployment methodology.
- you will use open-source products/tools and Architect the systems for easy maintenance of code and provide in smaller cycle time.
The next great EA Senior Software Engineer (SSE) -1 also needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or higher
- 7+ years of experience working in Java, J2EE technologies and 5+ years of experience in architecture.
- Build scalable distributed systems using Microservices architecture.
- Command over Spring, Spring Boot, REST, API, Load Balancing, Caching, and other commonly used tools & techniques and best practices for building distributed systems on the cloud.
- Have working experience building applications.
- Knowledge of web infrastructure and operational technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Grafana and Prometheus.
- In-depth development experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Content Delivery Network (CDN) services and web performance optimizations.
- Knowledge of distributed databases like RDS, cloud storage services like EFS,
- Issue in Linux environment
- A background in Data Structures, Algorithms, Design patterns & System design
- work in an environment with high degree of (previous startup like experience could be helpful)
- (oral and written) - of management and a geographically and culturally diverse technical organisation.
- promote the technical decisions and on technical matters.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.