Software Engineer III
The EA Quality Verification group is a critical partner of EA game development teams and a driver for quality and productivity within those teams.
Come and join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a challenging yet fun and creative environment. Innovate to keep EA at the bleeding edge of the industry standards for quality and processes to make a difference for thousands of employees and millions of gamers in the world.
In this role you will work with our teams to develop quality control tools, test automation and analysis systems across a variety of EAs games and products.
A critical partner of game development teams, Quality Engineering is driving innovation in tools and processes to achieve the highest quality standards. In partnership with software engineers and program managers, and using various programming and scripting languages, they design, develop, and maintain automation test tools; statistical analysis and dashboards; and other tools that help drive quality in our products.
The role requires a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network successfully across a large number of groups and individuals in both the Development and Quality Verification domains to build and maintain excellent relationships and communications channels. As technical leaders, candidates need to be self-driven, independent, able to multitask and prioritize based on ROI analysis, achieve consensus with the various parties and drive customer satisfaction.
Our next Software Quality Engineer needs:
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- A strong understanding of testing methodologies
- Experienced with building test strategies for web, mobile, or software products
- Advanced programming experience with C++ and/or C#
- Programming experience with Python
- Familiarity with web, database and automation technologies
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- Understanding Software Development Life-Cycle processes
- Experience with version control and build systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, mentoring experience preferred
Scope & Impact:
- Works directly with game development and quality assurance teams to identify, define and complete initiatives
- Learns and stays current with best practices and technologies
- Leverages and improves existing tools to add value efficiently
- Works in a team and independently and seeks out answers to questions
- Develops and maintains tools, automation, test scripts, as needed
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked…
Constantly pushing the envelope in quality and design, the quality engineering team partner with development to create and deploy cutting edge tools and technologies. Supporting Electronic Arts’ continuous drive to create the world’s most engaging and immersive digital playground, the Quality Engineering team are at the epicenter of continuous innovation, working with meticulous and brilliant minds from around the world, redefining the highest quality standards.
In your role as a Software Engineer III, you will join a global team designing, developing and executing testing strategies and other tools that help drive quality in our products. You bring a well-rounded and extensive background in software development and can pull from a diverse library of knowledge around testing methodologies spanning various platforms (web, mobile, or software). You’re advanced programming knowledge in C# and C++ are fully utilized to help create new testing tools, improve existing tools and continuously push the envelope of quality engineering.
Join a team where you make direct impact to our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.