Software Engineer II - Commerce & Identity Platform
Requisition Number: 165262
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA’s games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The Challenge Ahead
The commerce and identity team is part of EADP (EA digital platform) which is tasked to develop one of the largest eCommerce and Identity platforms to power hundreds of cross-platform games played by hundreds of millions of players. The distributed online platform is responsible for providing foundation services to games including identity management, authentication, authorization, account security, subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning, entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability. Open-source cutting-edge technologies are widely used such as docker, MySQL, MemCached, Redis, Kafka, ActiveMQ, Spark and etc. This is a unique opportunity to work on online space for a great game company. Looking forward to joining us to be a full-stack engineer.
What a Software Engineer, Commerce team does at EA
The successful candidate for this position will serve as a Software Engineer on the Commerce Platform team and will be responsible for the design and implementation of our commerce/identity management system and platform development.
- Work with program managers to understand business requirements and translate those into technical designs which are reviewed and signed off by the stack holder.
- Participate in technical design and implementation of features.
- Design underlying database schema, interface, and plan for capacity.
- Implement high quality code with comprehensive unit testing.
- Be a subject-matter expert in your area.
- Fix bugs raised from stabilization, integration and production.
- Troubleshoot issues raised from production and resolve customer problems.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Code review peer developer’s code and provide constructive feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Familiar with one of programing languages such as Java, C# or C++
- Solid computer science background including Algorithm, Data Structure, Operation System, Database etc. You’re a true developer!
- Passionate to be a full-stack engineer and eager to learn and improve
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.