Software Engineer I
Requisition Number: 165189
SOFTWARE ENGINEER I
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA’s games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social. Software Engineer – I, Player & Developer Experience Team - EA Digital Platform (EADP)
You will report to Manager, Software Engineering
- Performance engineering of different console games. This includes coming up with a test design, game play-inspired scenarios and evaluating actual game logs to come up with an accurate representation of load to create and setting up complex distributed test environment to run tests and create load.
- You will create and improve test code in C++ to support applications and features
- You will build tests and provide accurate analysis and reporting of test results
- Analyze and troubleshoot system and network issues relating to performance and test automation processes
- Troubleshooting the issues identified during testing – isolate test issues vs system component issues.
- Collaboration with global teams to track and resolve issues.
- Communicate test status and results to partners
- Work cross teams to identify, determine important metrics and setup performance benchmarks
- You will design & develop, and run experiments to gauge effectiveness of benchmarks
- Analyze the complex technical architecture across EA’s platform and infrastructure lead the assessment of failures and determine important causes and create fixes
- You will coordinate with corporate communications and customer experience to listen to our players everywhere including social media, email, chat and phone
- You will work on design and implementation of tools to automate the process and support CI activities.
- You will work on Player Reliability metrics collection, analysis, Tools for mining the data and presenting in meaningful dashboards
- You will work on crash data analysis tools and enhance features in the crash analytic software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or higher
- Familiar with cloud technologies like AWS, Azure.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Docker.
- Knowledgeable in scalable platform architecture, end-to-end systems design and architecture
- Familiarity with visualization tools and database technologies, familiarity with analytic techniques such as predictive modelling and data visualizations
- Understanding of the realities of working with large, rich datasets and complex distributed client/server system.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.