Software Engineer - GDAS
The Information Technology group (EAIT) works as a global team to empower EA’s employees and business operations to be creative, collaborative, and productive. As a digital entertainment company, EA’s enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. Our mission is to bring creative technology services to each of these areas, working across the company to “ensure better play.”
The Challenge Ahead
Reporting to the Director of Game Development Application Services, this is a technical role that offers a recognized expert the opportunity to envision and implement enterprise-level solutions to support the Application Lifecycle Management for EA’s game development teams. You will create solution architectures to incorporate custom, COTS and packaged applications together with integrations with products such as Slack, JIRA, Perforce, and GitLab. These solutions are built upon a cloud-first philosophy and use public cloud services from leading providers such as Azure, AWS and Google. Coupled with the power of the cloud, you will participate in Agile teams to architect applications to support thousands of users.
- As part of the product team, you will be a key contributor, creating the solution and software architecture for high-volume, high transaction applications specifically targeted to support the game development teams across the entire global enterprise.
- You will take part in any negotiations or discussions regarding the necessary requirements, and provide feedback to all parties involved.
- You will participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback on design and implementation to peers.
- Report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate leads/managers.
Job qualifications and requirements
- 3+ years of experience developing enterprise level software solutions
- 3+ years of experience in database development using Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMs and related programming data access technologies (ADO.NET, ORMs, OData)
- 3+ years of experience applying design patterns, methodologies and recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery
- 3+ years of experience architecting cloud-based applications using PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings from leading vendors such Amazon’s AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with development methodologies including Agile
- Solid experience with DevOps in a cloud environment, including automation experience and configuration as code
- Work in a multi-sourced model using onsite/offshore resources across multiple time zones