EA has thousands of creators worldwide so every tool you write, every optimization you apply, and every problem you solve has wide, positive impacts. You will develop an in-depth understanding of product designs, work with teams to create solutions to numerous workflow issues, and will think laterally to identify requirements, roadblocks, or efficiencies that your partners may not consider.
Being a Software Engineer for EA is more than just coding – it's about supporting and growing with your peers. As an essential and unique part of the team, you will create and deploy tooling where yesterday's best practices are not necessarily tomorrow's solutions. You will debug problems, breathe new life into technical dead-ends, and collaborate with the team to create quality solutions.
You will report to and work with a central team within EA that focuses on providing tooling for our many game teams. These tools include code line stability testing tools, tools that work with systems for large-scale play tests, tool and code distribution, and tooling to discover undetected defects. These are used by thousands of developers and creators daily, so quality is extremely important for our continued success.
Our small agile team has developers in Vancouver, Austin, Montreal and Galway, and we work with game teams across many more locations.
- Build tools and automation to empower content creators and developers.
- Foster working relationships with our internal patterns and team members.
- Interpret requests from your team, accounting for and call out any roadblocks or efficiencies your partners may not consider, and propose and apply your creative or technical solutions.
- Create technical documentation to ensure that products can be used and maintained by multiple teams worldwide.
- Support multiple systems and in-house tools written for many different purposes.
- 5+ years of applied coding experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (computer science, computer engineering or mathematics)
- Proficiency in C# and WPF, including C# reflection, attributes, type and property descriptors
- Experience managing project requirements, and setting the standard for creating outstanding tools.
- Familiarity with any source control, debuggers, and other software development tools. (e.g. Perforce, Visual Studio)
- Experience testing configurable tooling.
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
- Experience with test driven development practices.
- Experience with SQL, Python, ASP.NET.
- Experience within the gaming industry.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.