Software Engineer - EA
The EA Security team protects EA by reducing our exposure to security risks by raising awareness and providing a measured, proportionate set of security and risk management controls, services and solutions. This department also ensures that EA is meeting required security standards as defined by a variety of different regulatory bodies.
The Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response team ensures that all EA products are developed with the security and gameplay integrity of our players as a top priority. We partner with both platform development teams and game studios to ensure that security and gameplay integrity issues are identified and resolved throughout the application and service lifecycle.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with an interest in security and anti-cheat. As a member of the Anti-Cheat Engineering team, you will report to the Lead Software Engineer. Your core objectives will be to partner with game & platform development teams to deliver a centralized anti-cheat service across the company and to work with engineers in the Anti-Cheat Engineering team to improve and maintain our build pipelines. In this role, you will help solve a critical problem to our players, ensuring they have a fair and level playing field.
- Deliver and maintain services in a Kubernetes cluster to game teams within EA
- Ensure the scalability and availability of EA’s anti-cheat platform
- Automate operational tasks, removing human error wherever possible
- Define metrics to measure service performance and health, and implement monitoring and alerting solutions
- Plan, design, and implement security controls for anti-cheat platform and services in accordance with EA's security policies and procedures
- Maintain and improve automated build pipelines
- Gather operational requirements and implement improvements to build and test environments
- Solid knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Passion for online gaming and interest in the cheating problem space
- Experience working with or familiarity with the external security researching community, game cheat community, and/or identifying and leveraging cheats in games
- Experience with Redis or Memcache
- Experience with MySQL or similar RDBMS
- Experience with Rust, C++ or similar programming language
- Understanding of application security concepts
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.