Software Engineer - Developer Experience Platform - Full Stack
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA’s games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
What a Software Engineer, Developer Experience does at EA:
This unique role will be perfect for someone who is passionate about engineering ease of use and reducing friction in tech integration. The team will focus on building a product that unifies integrator onboarding and support and provides apps to improve the entire game development and live game management life cycle. The team will also build a framework that enables shared services to provide the right experiences, tools and documentation support to ensure better integration.
Reporting to a Manager of Engineering, you will will help develop tools and services to support the platform in providing an outstanding developer experience. Typical activities include:
- Develop web apps, components and prototypes
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative, agile software development process, including scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, debugging, maintenance and support
- Work with the design and product management team to build applications that delight users.
- Document and present designs for peer technical review and provide feedback on others’ designs
- Work on the application framework that includes backend common services (e.g. authentication, authorization)
- Work cross teams to identify important requirements, determine metrics and setup benchmarks for engineering ease of use
- Analyze the complex technical architecture across EA’s shared services and platform to understand the causes of engineering friction and drive fixes
- Partner with game studios to understand their requirements and concerns for integration
The next great EA Software Engineer, Developer Experience also needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Expertise in object-oriented design/programming
- 2+ years experience developing web applications, components and prototypes
- Experience with full-stack web app development, working on both back-end (ie. NodeJS) and frontend
- Attention to writing good quality unit tests
- You have a passion for gaming and enjoy creatively solving problems
- Familiarity with new web frameworks and tools (e.g. Grunt, Webpack, UI frameworks, JSHint)
- You are passionate about high-quality execution and technical innovation/adaptation
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum-based development environments
- Understanding of network protocols