Software Engineer - Core Technology Group
We are EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Software Engineer will be a part of the technology creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with architects and other engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases, and tools. You will report to the Development Director and Technical Director to estimate, build, and improve technical solutions to challenging problems and provide excellent results.
What you will do as a Software Engineer:
- Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (C++), domain ownership will be expected.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and game teams to create clear and estimable technical designs.
- Deliver tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements and advance our games technologies, architecture, and workflows.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs, SDKs.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
We are looking for:
- Experience working with C++ and Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience with the game development industry and development on game consoles or embedded systems.
- Understanding of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and/or C#
- Experience working with online services/severs (HTTP via REST).
- Knowledge of REST-based APIs.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience with Visual Studio and related debugging tools.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, Perforce, SVN
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.