Software Engineer - Commerce & Identity Platform
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The Challenge Ahead
The commerce and identity team is part of EADP (EA digital platform) which develops one of the largest eCommerce and Identity platforms to power hundreds of cross-platform games played by hundreds of millions of players. The distributed online platform provides foundation services to games including identity management, authentication, authorization, account security, subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning, entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability. Open-source technologies are widely used such as docker, MySQL, MemCached, Redis, Kafka, ActiveMQ, Spark and others. This is a unique opportunity to work on online space for a great game company.
What you will do at EA
You will be a Software Engineer on the Commerce Platform team and will help design and implement our commerce/identity management system and platform development.
- Work with program managers to understand requirements and translate them into technical designs which are signed off by the partner.
- Participate in technical design and implementation of features.
- Design underlying database schema, interface, and plan for capacity.
- Implement high-quality code with comprehensive unit testing.
- Be an expert in your area.
- Fix bugs raised from stabilization, integration and production.
- Troubleshoot issues raised from production and resolve customer problems.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Code review peer developer's code and provide constructive feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years experience professional software development experience with large scale system software
- Familiar with one of programing languages such as Java, C# or C++
- Solid computer science background including Algorithm, Data Structure, Operation System and Database, you're a true developer!
- Passionate to be a full-stack engineer with a desire to grow
- You enjoy solving complex problems