Software Engineer (C# or Unity) - Central
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the quality engineering team at EA Capital Games.
You will be a part of a game development team that aims to always find unique solutions in quality and design through automation and tools. Applying technologies and experiences from EA's automation ecosystem, you will write code to test EA Games using automation frameworks and improve our test automation environment.
You also will write tools which directly support development efforts to produce and ship our games, and advocate for best practices through tools and process.
You have programming skills, can work on all portions of a stack and estimate tasks.
We ask that you have a personality type that is dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across multiple groups and individuals in both the development and quality assurance domains to build excellent relationships and communications channels.
- In this role your responsibilities would include:
- Ownership and maintenance of studio automation systems, tooling, and processes.
- Design new tooling to support development and QA goals.
- You will develop while providing mentorship for other engineers.
- Instrument and tool the product to promote test automation and the collection of runtime metrics.
- Coordination with offsite teams on delivering test automation results, from implementation to execution.
- Maintain test automation scripts and studio device testing hardware.
- Uphold high quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community.
- 5+ years professional experience in C# or Java development.
- 2+ years professional experience developing GUI tools.
- Experience with some scripting languages (e.g., Python).
- Experience with software testing best practices and patterns.
- Experience participating in all aspects of Scrum: planning, daily engagement, and retrospectives.
- Enthusiasm for working with diverse teams and developing tools to solve business important problems.
- Experience with Unity 3D engine.
- Experience with mobile (iOS and or Android) software development (or PS4/Xbox console equivalent) and associated APIs and toolchains.
- Experience with Jenkins (or another CI system).
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.