Software Engineer (C++) - DTS/Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA!
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging, and that’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry
Come and join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the automation and tools development team supporting Maxis, one of the EA’s Premier development studios.
This Senior Software Engineer role within the mobile Quality Engineering organization collaborates with Quality Assurance and Game Development to create tools and technical strategies with the goals of improving game development infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the Development and QA processes. You will ensure a seamless partner experience, focusing on understanding our partner's needs and building proper tooling solutions to satisfy their requirements and blend in with their existing workflows. You will report to the Quality Engineering technology leader, who will help you identify new technologies and develop new tools for testing. You will also be an on the ground leader in the local team and wider Quality Engineering organization.
We are looking for a personality type that is dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across many groups and lead individuals in both the development and quality verification domains to build excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you affect our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out this video for more information on the discipline: https://youtu.be/vr121jg7OVE
- Hands-on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new frameworks, platforms, tools and services.
- Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to develop, deliver, own and improve reliable tools and platforms.
- Collaborate and contribute within a small to medium team of quality analysts, artists and engineers both locally and remotely.
- Oversee, extend and maintain automation frameworks, tools, engine components and processes used across studios.
- Instrumentation, profiling and collection of game runtime metrics.
- Create reusable technologies.
- Measurably improves process and best practices to achieve targets across a small team of engineers.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- Provide high-level estimates for technical projects.
- You will provide senior technical expertise, best practices, and support other engineers on our teams.
- Collaboration with your Quality Engineering Technical Director, Game Development and QA partners to deliver and identify new tools and automation strategies.
- 3+ years of professional development experience with OOP Languages, C++.
- 1+ years of professional development experience with scripting languages like Python.
- 1+ years of professional experience working with RDB (SQL) and reporting/visualizing large datasets.
- Contributor to technical architecture & design documents for small/medium sized features
- A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, test-driven development, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
- Understanding of SDLC, STLC processes, software testing best practices and testing methodologies.
- Understanding of the role of software quality assurance in game development and drive to make QA more successful via tools/automation.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.
- Experience leading a team to develop software best practices, technical design, test-driven development, code review.
- Experience with AAA game engines Unreal Engine 4/UE4.
- Visual scripting languages and Behavior-driven Development practices.
- Experience with iOS or Android software development (or PS4/Xbox console equivalent).
- Holding CSM, CSPO, A-CSPO, PMP or other Agile/Scrum and management certifications.
- Professional development experience with C#.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.